Friday, September 24, 2010

Made in Chico

My handmade amigurumi toys are now featured at Made in Chico. (There they are on the front page! Big Sheepums, Lionums, Little Sheepums...) This is a very good thing. This is where little acorns like me become great oaks! Now I have exposure in a very classy traditional brick and mortar amongst the best and brightest products and entrepreneurs in Butte County. Just in time for the big holiday gift giving push. Every time I think about it, I get more and more excited. And proud. :D

Moving beyond my Etsy shop and individually commissioned products means I get to dig out another of my favorite crafts that has taken a back seat to crochet these days: papercrafting! E and I have been designing, cutting, drawing, stamping, and chalking out some super cute tags. Last night E's mom came over so I could borrow some Cricut cartridges (she *only* has 25... zillion...!) as well as pick her expert brain for ideas and tips. I am trying to keep them simple yet elegant, cute yet professional, subtle yet unique, and most importantly, keeping them to less than five steps each. So here's what we came up with:



Not the best pic. Also not complete, but you get the idea. You will hopefully be seeing a lot more of these around town, attached to my toys. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment