Sunday, September 26, 2010

Barn Owl

Well, here she is... Isn't she amazing?!


If you guessed barn owl, pin a rose on your nose! She was so fun to design and create. My favorite feature is her flat face. (Yes, that is intentional!) Google "barn owl" and scroll through the images if you don't believe me. :) Although her opposable claws are neat, too. I made them bendy so she can "sit" on your finger, or a branch, or a pencil, or whatever. It's 12:22am and dark outside, otherwise I'd get you a nice owl-on-branch shot. Maybe next time.

Speaking of next time... Last up in my set of three owlies is going to be a Snowy Owl. I have not yet picked out the yarn for his main body. I just love working with the merino I used for the barn owl, however it is ivory, which is perfectly fitting for a barn owl, but not quite snow-white enough for a snowy owl. Especially a juvenile.

I do love the slightly fuzzy effect the merino gives, though... I don't really have anything fitting in my existing stash... hmm. I am smelling a yarn run in my near future! (Yes, yarn smells... at least, I can smell it... about a mile away!) Don't tell E. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hey,I just entered a giveaway with you sweet items up for grabs.
    I love what you do,you are so talented!!Wish I had talent
    jacksoncrisman@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete