Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Visit to the Alpaca Farm

Not to fear, denizens of craftiness! For I have been working on several projects at once. The goodness of that is I will have several projects finished at once! The badness of that is it is a long time between postings to show off finished projects.

Additionally, our little family unit went to visit our local alpaca farm to pick up some more yarn. What a treat it was to actually meet these gentle, beautiful animals. They have so much personality, and they are so chill, that I kinda forgot they weren't people, too! Unfortunately, we had so much fun I forgot to actually take some pictures. (Oops. I do that a lot. Sorry!) So, to whet your appetites (read: stave off your hunger) for the main course, here is a shot of the fiber that was acquired by yours truly that day.



What will it become? Tiny alpacas, teddy bears, sheep, anything cute and cuddly and soft and lovely will be perfect for this yarn. My favorite part? These wools have not been dyed. The finished product is in fact the exact same color as the alpaca chillin' at Margie's Feather River Alpaca Farm. How cool is that?! I submit very cool.

If you are local and want to check it out for yourself, you can find Margie's contact information at her website: featherriveralpacafarm.com If you're not really the farmin' type, but still local, I recommend heading down to Heartstrings off of the Esplanade. You can find her alpaca fibers there (roving too, I think, for you spinners and needle felters).

No comments:

Post a Comment